Lin, Shu-Ya (林叔芽)
Ph.D., North Carolina State University at
Raleigh, USA, 1986
Dr. Shu-Ya Lin received his BS degree in Physics in 1973 from National Central University, Chungli, Taiwan, MS degree in Applied Physics in 1979 from National Tsing Hua University, Hsinchu, Taiwan, and his PhD degree from North Carolina State University at Raleigh in 1986. He worked as an assistant researcher at Telecommunication Lab, Ministry of Communications, Taiwan from 1979 to 1981. He became a member of the faculty of National Tsing Hua University in 1986. His current research activities are in the electronic and vibrational properties of hydrogenated amorphous materials. He is interested in understanding the microstructures and defect mechanisms in amorphous materials. The theoretical model calculations are used to study the vibrational and electronic densities of the amorphous materials. The materials that he has studied include: (a) a-Si1-xCx:H, (b) a-SiO2:H, (c) a-SiNx:H, and (d) boron-doped a-Si:H. (e) a-GeS2 and a-GeSe2 glasses.
1. Shu-Ya Lin, 1996, “Deep defect states in a-Si: (H,C) Alloys”, Material Chem. Phys. Vol. 43, pp. 19-24.
2. Shu-Ya Lin, 1996, “Vibrational Local Modes of a-Si1-xCx:H Alloys and variation of Local Modes in different local environments”, J. Appl. Phys. Vol. 34, pp. 2235-2240.
3. Shu-Ya Lin, 1997, “SiH bond bending modes of HSi-(OSi)3 in amorphous hydrogenated silicon dioxide”, Appl. Phys. Lett. 70 , 203.
4. Shu-Ya Lin, 1997, “Vibrational local modes of a-SiO2:H and variation of local modes in different local environments”, J. Appl. Phys. 82, 5976.
5. Shu-Ya Lin and S.T. Chang, 1998, “Variations of vibrational local modes and electronic states of hydrogenated amorphous silicon carbide under thermal annealing”, J. Phys. Chem. Solids 59, 1399-1405.
6. Shu-Ya Lin, 1999, “ Boron-induced electronic states in hydrogenated amorphous silicon”, Thin Sol. Films 343-344, 285-287.
7. Shu-Ya Lin, 1999, “Variation of Si-H and Si-D bond-bending modes in different local bonding environments in amorphous silicon dioxide”, Mat. Chem. Phys. 58, 156 (1999).
8. Shu-Ya Lin, 2000, “The vibrational local modes of the metastable threefold coordinated oxygen in hydrogenated amorphous silicon oxide”, J. Non-Cryst. Sol., 266-9, 850 (2000).
1. Shu-Ya Lin, 1997, “Vibrational properties of SiH and SiD bond-bending modes in amorphous silicon dioxide”, 17th International Conference on Amorphous and Microcrystalline Semiconductors, Science and Technology, Budapest, Hungary, August 1997, Final Programme, Abstract, Author Index.
2. Shu-Ya Lin and S. T. Chang, “Variation of vibrational and electronic properties of hydrogenated amorphous silicon carbide under annealing”, Abstracts and Program, The 4th IUMRS International conference in Asia, OVTA, Makuhari, Chiba, September 1997.
3. Shu-Ya Lin, 1998, “Boron-induced electronic states in hydrogenated amorphous silicon”, 14th International Vacuum Congress (IVC-14), Abstract Book, 387.
4. Shu-Ya Lin, 1999, “The vibrational local modes of the metastable threefold coordinated oxygen in hydrogenated amorphous silicon oxide”, 18th International Conference on Amorphous and Microcrystalline Semiconductors Science and Technology (ICAMS 18), Abstracts Book and Final Program, 185-185.
5. Shu-Ya Lin, 2000, “Shallow electronic states in hydrogenated amorphous silicon oxide”, International Union of Materials Research Societies – 6th International Conference in Asia, City University, Hong Kong, Program and Abstracts, b2.3.